Friday 19 June 2015

Chapter Eighteen: My Heaven

I am in heaven.

Wrapped up in the comfiest sheets I have ever been in, they smelled like the man I am currently curled up next to.

Christian is flat on his back, his warm chest serving as my pillow. The thumping of his heart relaxes me as he strokes my bare back with the tips of his fingers. I hold my breath as he runs his fingers over my scar. As if he could sense my discomfort he moves his hand up and touches my bare shoulder.

"Will you ever tell me who did this to you?"

"Shh..." Placing my finger on his lips I try to stop him from ruining this especial moment. "Don't ruin the moment by talking about awful things."

"You're right," He says and kisses my temple.

My mind races with so many feelings; excitement, love, happiness. I don't know where this will go after what's happened, but I know nothing is ever going to be the same again...and maybe that was okay. I know I can't go back to pretending the feelings I hold for Christian aren't real.

My body was deliciously sore and at every move I am reminded of Christian possessing me. Checking the side clock on the bedside table it reads 3:30 am. We have a meeting with an investor in a few hours and from what Christian told me it's really important. He's been on edge, but right now he seems relaxed and at peace.

Turning around, I cover my exposed breast and look at Christian. A soft snore leaves his mouth and I giggle at how cute he looks. He's passed out. It's been a long day and I am exhausted, but I can't seem to shut my eyes for fear of waking up and this is all but a dream. I run my hand through his soft, silky brown hair and pinch myself to make sure this is real. Moving closer to him, I plant a soft kiss on his lips attempting to not wake him up as I finally lay back down on the bed needing to get to sleep.

                              ~.~.~.~


Christian poured fresh coffee into two mugs while looking out the kitchen window at the backyard. I know exactly what he is thinking because I am thinking it too. Smiling, he runs a hand through his messy hair and I laugh at how amazing this trip has been so far.

"I think we should go out tonight," He said while sipping his coffee.

"I would love that, anywhere in particular?"

Walking toward me he says, "There is this nightclub, perhaps we could check it out?"

I nodded and tilting my head upward to meet his lips. "It's a date."

"Great, we better get ready for this meeting." Finishing his coffee, he places the dirty mug in the sink.

"Do I need to wear anything in particular?" I ask not knowing how professional I should look.

"Whatever you choose will do. We're meeting at a restaurant." Kissing my lips one last time he vanishes up the stairs.

Feeling nervous for this meeting, I take an extra minute to finish my coffee and I think of what I could wear. I decided on a light green dress Cece had selected for me. It was perfect, not too dressy, but not overly casual. It was light and short, which worked well
considering the heat outside. Walking to the sink, I rinse our cups not wanting to leave dirty dishes behind.


After showering and getting dressed, I look at myself in the mirror. Hmm...I actually look really good. Pinching my cheeks to give them more color, I give my hair one last fluff and reach for my purse. As I walk down the stairs, I am greeted by Christian's soft smile. He looks delicious. Wearing khakis and a blue button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He looked professional, but still sexy. His eyes were filled with desire; just the thought of last night makes my cheeks begin to heat up.

"You look gorgeous." He grabs me by the waist, plants a kiss along my lips that stirs butterflies in my stomach. "Come on the car is here for us."

Leaving the coolness of our air-conditioned house, I am reminded just how hot it is out here and I am grateful for what I am wearing. Opening the car door, Christian waits until I get in and follows. I love that he's such a gentleman. As the car leaves for our destination his hand reaches for mine. Biting my lip, I look into his eyes.

"So who's this man we are meeting?" I ask curiously.

"His name is Clifton Lawson, and he owns Lawson's Manufacturing here in the Bahamas. I'm here to buy the company."

"You want to buy it? What makes you so certain he will sell?"

"He just announced his retirement and he doesn't have any children to leave the company to. He will sell it for the right price... now all we have to do is figure out what that price is."

"I still don't understand, why would you want a company so far from the states?" I ask.

"Because it's a well-known company and I want to expand my business. Instead of me paying for them to manufacture my product, I can have my own manufacturing plant."

"Oh, will it only be him we are meeting?"

"No, his wife will be joining us too. This is just us taking them out for a nice lunch and tomorrow Clifton and I will seriously discuss my offer, "He tells me. "I need to show him that his precious company is in good hands with me. This is his baby and he's not going to give it up easy."

I nod my head and take everything in.

                                ~.~.~


Brown Sugar was an amazing restaurant. As we walk to the entrance, multiple seating areas came to view. You could either sit  inside or outside on their patio. I fix my dress as I walk beside Christian looking at all the pretty decorations. There were round-glass tables and comfy black chairs with white cushions. Tall white plant bases holding palm-like plants; mirrors and a very busy bar at the end. Smiling, Christian leads the way and stops at the bar. A red-haired woman waves at us and I know right then who she was.

"Mrs. Lawson," Christian held out his arms and grasped her into an embrace. Kissing his cheek, she moved back taking a gander at me.

"This is Miss Steele, my assistant."

Ouch. I tried recovering from that immediately, what did I expect for him to introduce me as his what? Girlfriend?

I am very surprised when she leans in and plants a kiss on my cheek," Please call me Saige."

"Nice to meet you," I say.

"Come on Clifton is waiting at the table, I hope you don't mind we decided on the patio."

 
"It's a beautiful day, I don't mind eating outside," I tell her.

Snatching her glass of wine, we strolled outside and stop a few tables away before a distinguished man. His hair for the most part was black with a hint of white. He has beautiful green eyes and I can tell how attractive he might have been as a young man.

He stands to shake Christian's hand.

"Lawson, this is Anastasia Steele," Christian says as he introduces me.

Clifton kisses my cheek and I smile. I like how friendly they are.

"Shall we?" Clifton says as he looks at the table. We agree and move to our seats. "So how do you like the island Anastasia?" He asks.

"Please call me Ana and its beautiful here."

The waiter arrives to take our orders.

"I'll have sparkling water with cranberry juice," I say.

"Make that two, please," Christian says looking at me.

Clifton smiles and I am thankful that he didn't ask why we weren't drinking.

After some conversation, I learn Saige likes to travel and that they are planning to spend their retirement on a luxury yacht. Taking another bite of my salmon, I listen to the conversation Christian is having with Clifton until Saige gets my attention.

"So Ana, tell me how you like working for Christian?" She asks.

"It's just been a few weeks, but it's really good so far."

She nods listening to everything I am saying, "Tomorrow while the man are talking business you should join me for shopping and lunch?" She asks.

I want to say no, but I know I should say yes as we are trying to get them to sell the company.

"Sure, I would really like that."

"Great, I'll have a car pick you up."

After dessert and more talking we finally stand up, finalize the details for tomorrow and say our goodbyes. We walk to our cars and I mentally relax when we are finally inside the car.

"Well, that went great," I tell Christian and he shrugs.

"We'll have to see tomorrow."

"I think he is going to sell to you."

"I hope you're right." Christian kisses my hand while gazing out the window. It's obvious he's stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment