Saturday 20 June 2015

Chapter Twenty-Six: I protect what's mine.

The ridiculous elevator music was making me angrier than I already was. As it hit the tenth floor, I exhaled loudly getting Scott's attention. Scott was a member of my security at Grey Entertainment, I'd called him to accompany me as I didn't trust myself enough not to slaughter Blake. Also, he was trying to figure out what had occurred at the penthouse as I couldn't trust anyone else. He was my only hope of ever finding out who had betrayed me. This had been an inside job and I needed to know who had broken my trust and had chosen to go behind my back. My hands clench tight as the door opens and we step out prepared to end this and to find out what the fuck Blake is up to.

Ana was waiting for me at the New York plaza hotel I had waited until she passed out to leave her in the watchful eyes of Eva and Elliott while I came and dealt with Blake. She had asked me to let it go, to not get my hands dirty with someone who doesn't matter. But my ego couldn't back away, not after he had messed with the woman I love. I knock on the door and wait for what felt like forever, until the door opens to Blake with a cup in one hand and a smirk on his face.

"I've been waiting for you." He stepped aside and holds his hand to usher me in. Scott took a step inside, but Blake stopped him, "No he stays outside."

I took a gander at Scott and gradually nodded my head telling him it's fine. "Give us five minutes Scott." He agreed and stepped back standing outside the door.

"Double Scotch?" He asks knowing that's my drink of choice.

My eyes never look away as I am try controlling myself as much as possible. I am on the edge and so ready to kick his ass. "Skip the bullshit, Blake."

"What? I'm trying to be a good host." He laughs and that's it, I snap.

"You knew who Ana was all along and you played like you didn't know her."

"Christian, I didn't want to embarrass her by saying she's been trying to get in my bed."

I rushed to him, pushing him to the wall. I hold him up by the collar, my fist ready to pound his face. "You listen to me good," I shout. "You're going to end this vendetta you have against Ana. I don't know what the fuck you're up to, yet it stops now."

"What vendetta do you speak of? If anything I am flattered she would take the time to make up such a story just to get my attention." Blake chuckled his eyes looking into mine.

"Bullshit, don't fucking lie to me. I know what happened.. I know everything."

That halted his laughter and his face went blank. "Maybe you ought to be saying this to her. As she's been the one stalking me," The smirk returns, making me angrier, " I don't blame her for wanting me. But she's simply not my type."

My fist met his face, blow after blow. He forces me off him, sending me down to the floor. I quickly stand and launch myself on top of him. I beat him with all the anger deep inside me. He was the cause of Ana's problems. "We both fucking know that she hasn't been stalking you, I know everything you fucking pig. I don't know what you're up to, but I will figure it out." We landed on top of a glass table shattering it into million pieces.

Hearing the commotion, Scott hurried in and grabs me off Blake. I attempted to get him off me to let me keep hitting Blake, but he had me deadlock "Get the fuck off me," I screamed.

"Christian you will kill him if you keep going," He shouts back.

"He deserves that and more." I pushed back; however Scott doesn't let up.

"You made a big mistake Christian," Blake says spitting blood, "You and your whore will pay for this."

At the mentioning of Ana, the adrenaline hits hard and I finally get Scott off me. Snatching Blake and sprawling him down on the floor again.

"Come on Christian," Scott stands quickly, breaking up the fight once again.

"You stay the fuck away from Ana, do you hear me," I scream as loud as I could as Scott led me out the apartment. "You will if you know what's best for you."

The apartment security appeared as we were taking off. I look at one of them as he attempted to touch me, but at the look in my eyes he stepped back making a good decision.

                               ~.~.~.

"You should have had let me kill him," I yell to Scott as I get in the passenger seat of the Lamborghini.

"Who's going to look after Ana, if you're in jail?" He says hauling ass out of the parking lot. "But you gave me enough time to plant this," Passing me his tablet the camera breaks into four cameras and I see in one, the security guys outside Blake's apartment and on another one I see the mess Blake and I made, and the other two are looking down the corridor at the kitchen. "So how did you manage to get them up without him noticing?" I asked touching my lip which is bleeding now.

"I did it while you guys were fighting, I waited as long as I could to break it up. He deserved every bit of it," He says, checking his side mirror so he can pull into the middle lane.

"So what now?" I ask.

"Now we wait, the person will reveal themselves to us."

                              ~.~.~.~

I walked into a silent, dark hotel room and found Eva curled up on the couch. It was a little past ten o'clock and I wonder where Elliott was.
Eva Grey
 


"Hey," I whisper keeping my head down, not wanting her to notice my bruises.

"Hey." She answer rubbing her eyes, "Good you're back." Stretching her arms she stood.

"Is Ana okay?"

"She's sleeping.. Not sure if she's okay though." She took a step forward turning the light on. "Oh for fuck sakes what did you do Christian?" Her sudden profanity surprising knowing Eva was a woman who barely ever swore.

I hated that I couldn't tell her what actually had happened as she knew very little of what had gone down between Blake and Ana. "Where is Elliott?" I asked trying to steer the conversation away.

"He had a work emergency." She tells me as she rolls her eyes at my attempt to change the subject. "I wish you would tell me what's really going on. Why is Ana laying in bed like something horrible has happened to her?"

"Eva."

"I know… I know you said you can't tell me, but maybe I could help you?" She persisted.

"Eva just drop it."

Reaching for her purse she walks towards the door, obviously she's angry. "Fine.. But you should really think about getting her some help, you know, a professional." With that she steps out the door leaving me to wonder where to go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment