Tuesday 16 June 2015

Chapter Three: Meet Me In The Middle



The pinging sound of the rain lashing against the window sends a shiver down my back. The snow had changed to rain. I look away, careful not to make eye contact with Christian. I hate people feeling sorry for me; knowing it was he who felt sorry for me made it a hundred times worse.

"Where were you planning on sleeping tonight?" He asked.

"I…" I tried lying, but closed my mouth instead.

"I'll be fine. I really don't need your pity." I hissed.

"Then tell me."

"A friend's house, okay." Yes, I lied.

"Okay, what's the address I'll drive you there."

"You don't have to."

"But I want to." He responds quickly.

I stayed quiet. How will I get out of this one? Why won't he just let me go, why does he even care? Is not like he'd understand what I am experiencing.

"Fine you want to know the truth?" I shout in anger.

He nodded slowly.

"I was headed to the park, not everyone is as rich as you." I fight the tears. "Is that what you want to hear, how I have to sleep on a bench?"

Christian stayed quiet taking in what I said. A few minutes later he grabs his cell phone and presses a few buttons.

"Now because of you, I won't even have a bench." I hiss angry as hell.

He continues to ignore what I am saying and it makes me even angrier.

"Where to Sir?" The man behind the wheeled asked as he looks through the rear view mirror.

"Home."

"Wait, no.. Let me out." I panicked reaching for the door handle.

The car comes to a stop and the door unlocks. "Go ahead if you want to be out there in this weather." Christian's facial expression changed.

I stayed quiet looking through the window. He's right. It's freezing outside. Staying very still, I beg my body to move, to get out. No such luck. A few minutes later the car is moving again. I tilt my head back to close my eyes for a minute. Am I doing the right thing? I hardly know this man.

"Ana.. Ana.. We're here." The sound of a male husky sexy voice wakes me up. It takes me a second to remember where I am.

I rub my sleepy eyes and slowly open them.

"You fell asleep, I didn't want to wake you up, but we're here." Christian says, leaning close to me.

Christian exits the car and holds his hand out for me to take. I step out carefully and wrap my arms around myself.

"Come on, let's get you inside. It's freezing." He says while he pulls me close to him, rubbing my arm with his hand.

Moments later, we're in a white and black foyer. In the middle is a round, Crystal glass table. On it, sits an unbelievably big bouquet of red roses. I look around; staring at the beautiful surroundings of this building. Christian holds his hand out to show me the way to the elevator and I slowly start to move towards it. As we ride the elevator quietly, I wonder why a man like him would want to help a girl like me? I start to panic and my breathing gets heavy immediately. What the hell did I get myself into? What if this man is a serial killer? Who brings homeless girls home to kill? I attempt to shake that thought out of my head and remind myself to stay close to sharp objects in case I have to defend myself.

The doors open and my eyes widen at the beautiful specious penthouse. Christian steps to the side and lets me into the apartment first; the exquisite paintings covering the walls get my attention first. Then I notice the theme, white and black just liked in the foyer. The Unique theme continues through the wide corridor, where it opens into the main living area, but the ceilings are double the height, with huge floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook New York.

To the right is a leather sofa and on the left a loveseat. It faces an EcoSmart Aspect fireplace. I look at it for a while. This is different from any fireplaces I've ever seen. Clean lines define the simple and stylish rectangular-shaped fireplace. It is lit and flaming gently. To the left of us, by the entryway, is the kitchen. It's all white with black wood countertops and a large breakfast bar.

 
Near the kitchen area, in front of the glass wall, is a dining table surrounded by 16 chairs. Closing my eyes, I can picture him having expensive parties. Above it hangs a shiny beautiful chandelier, which makes me roll my eyes at how expensive this apartment must be. There is art in all shapes and sizes on the walls. One, in particular, grabs my attention. The left half is red with a volcano and the right side is a black and grey tree, big grey clouds and dark water.

"Can I take your jacket?" Christian asks.

"You mean you're jacket," I answer harshly as I take it off and throw it to him.

He ignores my attitude and catches it with his left hand.

"Would you like a drink?" he asks. I blink and I think about asking for food instead, but I do not have the courage.

"I'm going to have a cup of hot chocolate, would you like to join me?"

"Yes, please," I murmur.

Standing in this enormous room, I feel so out-of-place. I walk over to the window and gaze at the magnificent view. It takes my breath away. After a few minutes, I walk back to the kitchen area, not wanting to be alone in this luxurious apartment, what if something goes missing and I get blamed for it?

"Would you like marshmallows?" Christian asks when I return to the kitchen.

"Yes, thanks." My voice is soft and hesitant. My heart is thumping. I want to run. This is seriously rich. Seriously over the top. What am I doing? Yes, I want to be in a warm bed, but what if he expects me to sleep with him? I take a step back and suddenly shiver.

"Ana go sit by the fireplace I'll be there in a second."

I do as I am told and walk to the living room where the big fireplace cast an orange and red glow. Rubbing my hands together, I seek to warm myself.

"Here." He passes me a mug full of chocolate-deliciousness. Even the cups are rich... Very expensive. I take a sip, and I feel my belly warming. Rich chocolate invades my palate and I softly moan at the taste. Simply delicious.

"It's that good, eh." A faint smile spreads on his face.

I nod softly giggling.

"Christian." I say almost whispering.

"Yes Ana?"

"You have something-" I point to the top of his lip.

Grabbing a napkin he attempts to clean it. "Is it gone?" he asks.

I shake my head, holding back my laugh. "Here, let me."

I take the napkin from him and move closer. I slowly clean the remaining of chocolate from his face.

"There, All gone." I proclaim, slowly moving my hand away from his face.

But Christian grabs my hand, before it's out of his reach and softly kisses the top. "Thanks."

I quickly move it away feeling truly shy.

"Are you hungry?" he murmurs.

I ignore his question feeling embarrassed enough with everything he give me already.

"Answer me Ana."

I shrug," I could eat."

"Pizza it is then." He stands and leaves the room. This makes me wonder what I did to have this man be so generous to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment