Saturday 20 June 2015

Chapter Twenty-four: Mistakes

Christian's POV
"There is something you need to know." The words are painful as they leave my mouth.

Ana sips her orange juice and looks at me. "What is it Christian you're frightening me."

Running a hand through my hair, I look into her beautiful blue eyes, knowing this could change the way she feels about me. "I need you to go into the living room and sit tight for me. I need to get something from my office. I promise I will tell you everything."

"Fine." She's holding her glass tightly as she makes her way to the living room, leaving me feeling like shit.

Heading to my office, I take as much time as required to ponder how to tell her without frightening away. I reach for the manila envelope in my desk drawer, I snatch an NDA. It's not that I don't trust her, but it's better this way. Taking a deep, cleansing inhale, I stand up from my chair and head for the living room. I am terrified this will change everything. I love her too much to let her go. I build up the corage and walk out of the office.

As soon as I walk into the living room I am welcomed by the beautiful view of Ana sleeping on the loveseat, I slowly make my way to her and move her hair away from her face. A soft snore leaves her mouth, making me grin. She seems so at peace, so beautiful. I kiss her before leaving her be, I don't have the desire to wake her up right now. We have all night to talk about this. My phone buzzes and I am surprised to see a text from Blake.

Can you meet me for drinks, there is something we need to talk about.-B

I fight the urge to throw my phone against the wall and head out the room needing to deal with Blake.

                          ~.~.~.~

The clanking sound of the ice swirling in my cup brings me back and I remember where I am. I have gone through multiple ways of how to do this in my head. Did I really believe it would be this easy...? I would tell Blake to stay away and he would without hesitation? I want to believe that it could happen, yet I am prepared for the worst possible outcome. The music of the piano from across the room annoys me to the point I can't wait to get out of here. Not that the man playing was awful or anything, my mood was too dark to appreciate it. All I want to do is head home to Ana, who is, hopefully, still sleeping. I was surprised when I received Blake's text. I knew it was time we had a serious talk and maybe keeping it public was the best idea right now.

I scan the room for Blake; we agreed to meet here, but he is late. He knows how much I dislike people who were late. The red-headed bartender asked me for the tenth time if I would like a refill. I know she's hitting on me, but I only have eyes for Ana. I roll my eyes and attempt to be polite. As she places a brand new cup of whiskey; I thank her without looking up. Checking my cell phone, I check for a text message or a call. Where the fuck is he?

Blake was someone who was there for me in my darkest times. After finding Ally dead, my world turned black, until Ana came into my life, bringing color into it. It had been hell not caring about anything. All I desired was a minute without the constant reminder that it was my fault she was dead. The face that once brought me joy haunted me day and night. I didn't care what might happen to me or who I was sleeping with, as long as I had a minute without thinking about Ally. I promised never to get close to anyone so I could never be hurt again.

Alcohol did it for a while but eventually it stopped working. Until Brianna invited me to an upscale club called 'Inferno' that she frequently attended. At first I thought it would be full of 21-year olds drinking and having fun; nothing I wanted any part of. However, I was wrong. As soon as we walked into the club, I was asked to sign an NDA. I was surprised and curious, so the curiosity won and I agreed to sign it. After having a few drinks at the bar with Brianna, she reached for my hand and took me upstairs. I didn't hesitate as she had been flirting with me the whole night. When we arrived on the second floor, she came to a stop in front of a red door. I didn't think much of it at the time, we had slept together before and I assumed that's what it was going to happen. Oh boy was I wrong. The door open to a room with black walls; a big 'U' shaped couch and a king size bed in the center cover in black silk sheets.

A woman came out of an attached room. Her long brown hair cover her naked breasts. Then I noticed she was completely naked. I was more surprised when a man joined us wearing nothing but boxers. At that point, I was ready to walk out until Brianna stopped me. She explained to me what this place really was. A sex club, a place with multiple rooms where you could let your imagination run wild. That room was the beginner's room, for newbies to get to know each other. There were 10 other rooms with more intense things happening. We were allowed to watch or participate. She promised me nothing had to happen and we could just sit here and watch. I was drunk and excited and for once my mind was clear, empty with only what was going on in front of me. Finally, I had a few minutes without the constant reminder of Ally.

That night I watched the three of them have sex. I began to visit frequently with Brianna, she loved the idea of me watching her be with other man. She was mine, but I could easily give her to anyone I wanted. That turned me on and filled something deep inside me. Something dark deep in my soul.

"Mr. Grey?" The bartender's voice gets my attention bringing me back to reality.

I look up and notice she has unbuttoned her shirt just enough to show cleavage. "This is for you." Biting her lip, she stares at me and I roll my eyes. When will women get over the way I look?

A glass of champagne and a note were placed in front of me. I unfolded the note and read it, not knowing what to think of it.

Something came up, drinks on me!

Rain check?

-Blake

I crumpled the paper and reached for my wallet to leave a couple of bills on the counter, trying to keep my anger at bay. He was the one to contact me and then he just ditched me. My phone rang as I headed out the bar.

"Taylor," I answer annoyed as fuck.

"There's been a security breach at the penthouse." The sound of his voice was just as alarming as the words he spoke. I immediately hung up and rushed to my car. I needed to get to Ana. I prayed nothing happened to her.

~.~.~

Ana's POV

My eyes open to a dark room, I look around attempting to remember where I am. However, the last thing I can remember was sitting on the couch waiting for Christian. Looking to my left, I notice that I am not alone in the room and I relax momentarily. That is until the bathroom door opens and the man I hate the most comes to view. As I attempt to get up, I fall back down on the bed feeling extremely dizzy. The nightmare gets worse when I notice I am naked.

"Hey, relax Ana, you were amazing," A shirtless Blake says as he steps toward the bed.

Then I realize this isn't a nightmare...

"No," I scream, "What did you do to me?"

"Nothing that you didn't like sweetheart." He sits down next to me.

I panic and grab the sheets to wrap them around me. "Christian! I scream for him. I need him to rescue me from this nightmare.

"Hey, stop screaming. Who do you think arranged all of this?"

"No, he wouldn't... He loves me." I shout.

"Sure love, if you really believe that." Laughing, he picks up his shirt off the floor and puts it on. "You think I would have been able to get in here if he didn't know. With all his security."

I stand up holding myself to the wall, I needed to get out of here. "Christian," I screamed again.

Blake came around and pushed me against the wall, his lips crashed into mine and I fought to get him off me. Biting his lip, he quickly pulls away from me and touches his lip which is bleeding now.

"You bitch." His hand met my face, sending me sprawling across the floor. I cried; I was terrified and in pain. How could this be?

His cell phone rang and he answered it not saying anything, just listening to the other side. He immediately hung up and goes over to the table across from the bed and picks up a camera. "Thanks for the amazing night, let's do it again soon," He says. He tries to get closer to me, but stops when he sees me holding the bedside lamp in my hand ready to fight him if he touches me.

He blew a kiss to me and walked out leaving me devastated.

No comments:

Post a Comment