Tuesday 16 June 2015

Chapter Two: Undiscovered

Coming to a halt a few blocks away from the building, pulling the jacket tighter I stand beside Stile's Farmers Market trying to warm myself up. Scheming my next move, I thought of places I could go. I didn't have a lot of options. However, in spite of that, I build up my courage and pull myself away from the wall, and turn onto 9th Avenue, heading to the nearest shelter I knew. It was just a little after seven and I knew it was a long shot, but it was better than nothing.

"Sorry Ana, we don't have room for you tonight." Linda sympathetically said.

"It's okay. It was a long shot anyway." I answered, attempting to sound less crushed.

"Come earlier tomorrow. You know how busy this place gets."

I nodded, acknowledging what she just said, taking an extra minute inside because I do not want to face the cold just yet. Placing my hand on the door, I freeze at the feeling of vibrations in my jacket pocket. Scared, I slowly put my hand in the pocket and pull out whatever was making the noise. A silver shinny fancy looking phone.

The silver phone continued to vibrate in my hand, I focus my eyes on the screen and saw the name Taylor. Hitting the green button, I answered. "Hello".

                                ~.~.~

Twenty minutes later I was sitting in Jane's Coffee Shop sipping my extra small, very expensive coffee, which I know I'll regret buying when I get hungry later. I looked out the window and waited for Christian to show up. He'd been so nice to give me his jacket, but he'd forget to check his pockets first. The moment I answered the phone the husky sexy voice made my heart skip a beat. When he told me his name is Christian I almost melted on the spot - a beautiful name for a beautiful man.

Grabbing my cup of coffee, I hold it in my hands for an extra minute. I can finally feel my fingers again. The sweet smell of pastries made my stomach grumble, but I fought the urge to march up to the counter and buy a strawberry Danish. I need to save the money, as I don't know when I'll be able to find another gig.

The door opened and my blue eyes meet gray eyes. Christian stood a few feet away from where I was sitting, shaking the snow off his hair.

"Hey." He greeted me sitting down next to me.

I reached for the cell phone in my pocket, placing it on the table. I have to be done with with this as soon as possible. It was getting late and I still didn't have a place to stay for the night. The park benches were taken quickly and I knew I'd end up sleeping on the ground if I didn't hurry.

"Thanks." He took it scrolling through it.

"Sorry for taking it, but now that you have it, I should go." I promptly stand from my seat and head toward the door when Christian places his hand on my arm stopping me.

"Let me give you a ride. It's dangerous for you to be walking outside in this horrible weather." He says softly.

"No, it's okay. I'll be fine, thanks." moving my arm off his hold, I answer.

"I insist." Getting up, he reaches for his jacket from where I left it on the chair and puts it over my shoulders.

Staying completely still, I'm thinking of multiple ways I can get out of this situation, but I come up empty handed. I follow him outside.

A black SUV pulls up and Christian opens the door, waiting for me to get in. Hesitating, I take a deep breath. Christian followed, taking a seat very close to me.

"What's your address?" He demanded.

"Ugh. You can just drop me off two blocks from here." I said, hoping he wouldn't ask any more questions.

"No. Tell me where you live." he demands again.

I freaked. Why did he want to find out where I live so bad? I undo my seat belt and reach for the door, but it is locked.

"Let me out." I cried.

"Relax Ana, I know."

I moved away as far as I could in this tiny space, "You know what?"

"I know you're homeless." Christian says softly... his eyes never leaving mine.

"No." I say as I look away, not able to look at him as I'm truly embarrassed. "I'm

not, why would you think that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment