Saturday 20 June 2015

Chapter Twenty-five: What did you do?

I remained still for quite a long time; crying in pain...a pain I did not know I could possibly feel. I was disoriented and confused. I sob without caring about anything other than the tremendous pain I felt inside. He'd won, he had obtained what he wanted all along. I reached for the wall and try to make an effort to get on my feet. I instantly felt dirty at the thought of his filthy hands on me and I wasn't sure any amount of soap was going to wash it away.

Still, I was willing to try. I walk to the bathroom, into the shower and turn the water on. I washed my body until it began to hurt and turned red. I crashed to the floor, bringing my knees to my chest rocking back and forth. How will I overcome this? How can I look into Christian's eyes after this? Would he stop loving me? I knew Blake was lying about Christian being part of this. I know the man I love and he would never hurt me this way.

The lights turned on again and I panic. Was Blake back? Wasn't he not done with me yet? I hear shouts and footsteps coming from outside the bath room and within a few seconds Christian came barging in with two men behind him. He realizes I'm naked and tells them to back way and stay outside. Without thinking twice, he opens the shower door and steps in not even caring to take off his clothes. He slumps onto the floor, taking me into his arms.

"Oh God Ana, what happened to you?" He asked, pushing my wet hair away from my eyes.

A painful sob leaves my mouth and the look in his eyes made me shout out in agony. "He got what he wanted all along." I cried as I placed my head on his shoulder.

"Blake?" Our eyes meet for an instant and Christian realizes what had happened.

"Oh Ana, I'm so sorry I wasn't here." He holds me tighter and I can see his eyes beginning to water. "This is my fault, I should've protected you better." He sobbed in my arms. "I will kill him." He screamed pulling me tighter.

My heart hurt with the pain he was in, which most likely matched my own. I hate that Blake had won. He destroyed me and in the process hurt the man I love. Life is so unfair... People like him get away with everything.

"No, I can't bear to lose you." I pulled him even tighter, attempting to bring down the transparent wall that was keeping us from becoming one.

"We need to get you to a hospital Ana," He said softly attempting to calm me down. "We need to get you checked out."

I shake my head, " I'm scared Christian."

"I know baby, but we can't let him get away with this."

I knew he was right, this can't be a never-ending story. He needs to pay for all he has done. It was time I did what I should have done six months ago.

"As long as you're with me," I agreed looking into his grey eyes.

"I promise." Standing up, he holds his hand out for me and I slowly stand up. My head is pounding and my legs are wobbly... Oh god, I think I'm going to be sick. Without being able to stop it, I vomit and Christian holds my hair rubbing my back trying to soothe me.

The ride to the hospital was silent. I was thankful Christian was beside me holding my hand, giving me the love I needed to get through this. I was scared of what might happen, but mostly I was afraid of what Christian would do to Blake. I am scared Christian will get hurt because of my mistakes.

"Everything's going to be okay," Christian whisper into my ear as step out of the car and through the hospital doors. "The police are at the penthouse, checking the crime scene. We'll have to speak to them soon. However if you need time..."

I stopped him before he could say more. "I need to do this Christian, before I change my mind."

"My strong Ana, I love you." The words made my heart skip a beat. This was the second time I had heard him say them and I will never get used to it.

Pulling me closer, he rushes us inside and within minutes we are in a private room. After doing a rape-kit and a blood sample, the doctor left me to rest.

An hour later a knock on the door woke me up. Two detectives stood just outside the door as Christian opened the door.

"Miss Steele, "The tall brunette says. " Hi, I'm detective Harrison, I know you been through a lot but could we have a minute of your time, we just have a few questions?"

"Sure," I agree, but Christian hesitates to move out of the way.

"Mr. Grey, may I?" She asks and finally he moves.

"Have you spoken to the doctor?" She asks and steps inside the room.

"No, I was sleeping." I answer.

"Good, Jamie can you get the doctor in here." He agrees and heads out the door.

"Miss Steele, when was the last time you had alcohol?" She bluntly asks making me wonder where she's going with this.

"Excuse me?" Christian reacts before I do. "What does that matter for fuck sakes," He hisses.

"Mr. Grey could you leave us alone?" Angrily she asks.

"No," I panicked, " He stays."

Christian takes my hand and squeezes it softly reassuring me everything will be okay.

"It's been almost a month," I answer her odd question.

She nods her head and begins to write something on her notepad. "When was the last time you contacted Mr. Carson?"

"I didn't contact him, I've been running away from him," I shout.

"Miss Steele, relax, it was just a question." Again she begins to write on her notepad making me nervous.

The door slowly opened and I was thankful when the doctor walked in. "Miss Steele, I see you're awake." He stops in front of me giving me a kind smile.

"Dr. Grayson, can you please tell Ana the results of her rape-kit and blood test?" She asks, "We have already seen them, but we have a few questions...first we should let the good doctor tell you."

Dr. Grayson clears his throat and proceeds to talk. "Miss Steele, the rape-kit came back clean."

"What do you mean it came back clean?" I shout.

"You were never raped."

I stay quiet for a while, taking in the good news, but why had Blake gone through so much just for it to be a lie? A sudden unsettled feeling begins in my stomach making me sick.

"Also your blood tests came back clean too." He added.

"Thank you, Dr. Greyson, can you please give us a minute," Detective Harrison says.

As soon as he is out the room she turns to face me. "Would you like to speak to us alone now?" She asks as if trying to insinuate something.

"No, whatever you have to say you can in front of Christian," I tell her angrily. Why were they treating me like the criminal instead of the victim?

"Is it true you been stalking Mr. Carson?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" My eyebrow raises in fury.

"We've spoken to Mr. Carson and he has an alibi, and we have checked the penthouse and there is no forced entry or anything that would tell us there was a crime committed." Her hazel eyes look at me as if she's waiting for me to crack. "No finger prints... Nada," she says with a heavy accent.

"Are you saying I made all of this up?" I shout.

"That's enough, you need to leave." Christian interrupts.

"Fine, just one more thing. Why did you call him if you were too scared of him?"

"Out... Get Out" Christian shouts his face red.

I am frozen in my bed, I need to know what the hell is going on, what Blake has done?

No comments:

Post a Comment