Tuesday 16 June 2015

Chapter Nine: Witchcraft


Christian's POV
I stand silently in the shadows of the opulent lobby with my hands shoved into the pockets of my black dress pants. I have one shoulder propped against the frame of a large window facing the street so I wouldn't miss Ana walking into the hotel. The New York Palace is known for having the best, classiest restaurant. However, the real reason I enjoy it as much as I do is the fact that they have a private dining room. What Ana and I need to discuss requires the need for privacy. My whole body is tense. I quickly scan the sidewalk one more time before I reach for my phone and finally give in and call Taylor.

Where in the hell is she? It's five after eight.

I frown, ready to scream at Taylor. I slowly take a deep breath and release it trying to relax. Maybe she didn't like the gift I sent her, I think to myself. What wasn't to like about it? It caught my eyes the moment Cece showed it to me. It was simple but elegant; knee length and light blue, which I know will go perfectly with her eyes. A beautiful dress. I licked my lips at the thought of Ana wearing it, then I spot her. She gets out of the car wearing the beautiful dress, making my heart skip a beat. I moved away from the window trying to look less annoyed at her being so late.

I had to bite back a groan of frustration as I think about the first time I saw Ana. Her blue eyes laden with sadness and too big for her tiny face. Brown tendrils of silky hair escape from her ponytail as her little body moved gracefully from table to table pretending to be happy. But I know better, as If I could read her soul. Maybe because it's as dark as mine. The party was awful, but then again, I hated my birthday and hated surprise parties even more. Brianna had tricked me into showing up to the hotel where the party was being held. However, now I was somewhat thankful to her because if I'd ditched the party who knows where Ana would be right now. Her innocence and vulnerability caught me by surprise. I don't know much about her, but the few things I do know make me want to get closer, learn her biggest fears and desires. I adjusted my pants at the very sudden feeling of tightness.

What in the hell is it about this particular woman that makes me so edgy and restless?

I had fucked women who were attractive, sophisticated, and nowhere near as complicated as her, but she touched a side of me, I didn't know I had. I'm not much of a dater, preferring to spend my time working than attending functions, but there are times when my hand isn't enough. I have had certain female acquaintances for those occasions. Women who give me the control I need and must have in the bedroom without a lot of demands or questions. Damn it! That has been enough for me until I meet Ana.

Will she ever give me a chance? Did Hunter mean more to her that she cares to share with me? I nearly growl at the thought of another man putting his hands on Ana's delectable body. The thought of another man touching my woman makes me crazy.

Chill out asshole, she isn't yours. Get it together. My subconscious screams at me.

I shake my head surprised at my own behavior. Yeah... I liked control, actually needed control, but I'd never wanted one woman in particular EVER. Now I can't think of anything else but the pretty brunette who is walking towards the entrance. The doorman opened the door and she shyly smiled as she thanked him. When her eyes caught mine standing a few feet away from her, her smile got bigger.

Wow.. She is truly beautiful.

"Ana, you're late," I scowl.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep and woke up with just enough time to get ready."

"It's fine, come on." Placing my hand on the nape of her back, I guide her to the restaurant.

Walking into the hotel restaurant the Hostess greet us, "Mr. Grey it's pleasure to see you again, please follow me."

We're led to the back of the restaurant where the private room is. "Your waiter should be with you shortly." With that, she turns and out the door she goes.

"Wow, this place is amazing." Ana's eyes go wide as she looks around the room.

"I thought you'd like it," I softly whisper, "You look beautiful," I add.

"Thank you. I mean thank you for the dress, it's beautiful." Her cheeks turn a light pink color and I hold back my smile.

The waiter walks into the room, interrupting our moment. Before he can say anything, I order. "We'll have a bottle of Bodegas Dios Baco Sherry and the steak, mashed potatoes and garden veggies. No rush."

Taking a last look at Ana he nods, smiling at her. I want to get up and smack him around. Fuck, why am I so irritated? I clear my throat which gets his attention. Turning red from embarrassment, he finally walks out of the room. When he's out of ear shot, I begin to speak again.

"I want to finish our conversation from this morning," I say.

"Christian, I really don't think we should talk about my past," Ana answers while looking down at her hands.

"I want to understand Ana. I want to help you."

"It was a mistake Christian," she says.

"What was a mistake?" I say louder than I wanted.

"The kiss."

No comments:

Post a Comment