Tuesday 16 June 2015

Chapter Ten: Ana And Christian


Christian is so damn beautiful he takes my breath away. Just looking at him makes my heart skip a beat. When I finally arrived at the hotel, he was standing in the beautiful opulent lobby, waiting for me. One look at him in his three piece suit made my knees go weak. The appreciation in his eyes and the smile on his face told me I didn't look so bad either. The beautiful blue dress Christian had gifted me was to die for. It hugged my curves in all the right ways, making me feel beautiful for the first time in a long time.

"Ana, you're late," He scowls.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep and woke up with just enough time to get ready." I try to justify my lateness.

"It's fine, come on," He says as he walks toward me and places his hand on my lower back sending a delicious shiver up my spine.

The hostess led us to a private room at the back of the dimly lit restaurant. Christian pulls my chair out, waiting until I was seated before sitting in his own.

"Wow, this place is amazing," I say looking around the room.

"I thought you would like it," he softly whispers. "You look beautiful," he adds.

"Thank you. I mean, thank you for the dress, it's beautiful," I say feeling my cheeks turn red.

The waiter walks into the room, interrupting our moment. Before he can say anything, Christian orders without even asking me what I want. "We'll have a bottle of Bodegas Dios Baco Sherry and the steak, mashed potatoes and garden veggies. No rush."

No rush? I feel my hands shaking a little.

The waiter smiles at me, and without thinking I smile back trying to be nice. Until I realize he's staring at my boobs. I can see how irritated Christian is and I am thankful when the waiter leaves before Christian kills him. When he's out of earshot, Christian begins speaking again.

"I want to finish our conversation from this morning," He says.

"Christian, I really don't think we should talk about my past," I answered while looking down at my hands.

"I want to understand Ana. I want to help you," Christian says.

It was a mistake Christian," I say rrying to convince both of us.

"What was a mistake?" He asks very loudly.

"The kiss." I look away trying not to make eye contact with him. "We shouldn't have, I work for you now. I don't want to give you the wrong impression."

"Ana-"

"No, Christian let me finish, please." He nods even though I know he doesn't agree with this. I can see it in his eyes. "My past is dark and I have a lot of issues and you can totally do so much better than me. If you're smart, you'll stay away from me."

"What if I don't want to stay away?" Christian asks, moving his chair closer to me.

Forcing myself, I push the words out, "Then I'll leave and you'll never see me again."

"How can you say that when we both know you feel the same way I do?" He touches my hand softly as he speaks.

I move it away trying to keep my distance. "You don't know me. Trust me, you won't feel the same way if you know my deepest secrets."

"Let me be the one to decide that," He pleads.

Before I can answer we're interrupted by the arrival of our food. It smells delicious, but I can't make myself eat. Not when everything Christian just said is running through my head.

"More wine Mr. Grey?" The blonde waitress smiles as she moves very close to him, tilting the bottle.

I wonder where the waiter who couldn't take his eyes off me went? I think I liked him better.

"No. Please take it away and bring sparkling water," he demands while looking at me. "I'm so sorry Ana, I forgot. Oh god, you must think I'm an asshole?"

"No. No you can drink it doesn't bother me." Trying to assure him everything is alright.

I really want to know what Jacob has told him. He doesn't know much, but he loves to talk and sometimes he likes to say more than he should. He doesn't do it to hurt me. I know he loves me dearly, but I really wish he hadn't said anything to Christian. Building up courage, I take a sip of my water, before telling him what I know he wants to hear.

"A year ago...Jacob got really sick and I couldn't find a job to pay for his medicine. One night a friend told me about this bar looking for waitresses for a special event. She told me she could help me get the job. She promised it'd be enough money for everything Jacob needed. Without thinking it twice, I rushed to the bar and surely I got the job." I stop, taking a deep breath.

"Slow down Ana you're pale."

Tears leave my eyes and that's all Christian needs to close the space between us.

"I can't. I can't." I'm shaking now.

"Let's get out of here, you can't be here right now." He holds out his hand for me to take.

I place my shaky hand in his and stand up. "Ana you don't have to tell me anything you're not ready to talk about; but I want you to know I am here if you need me."

Giving him a sincere and thankful smile, I say "Thank you."

                                ~.~.~

The valet hands Christian his keys and I try very hard to take my eyes away from the beautiful black and dark blue fancy car.

"Wow."

"I know, it's beautiful isn't it." A deep, husky laugh leaves his mouth and I can't stop myself from joining him.

For a short moment, I forget about the conversation we just had and the one we'll soon be finishing.

"What kind of car is it?" I ask pushing my thoughts away.

"Lamborghini Aventador." He answers opening the door for me to climb in.

"Wait, how many of this do you have?" I ask before he shuts the door.

"Two."

Wow. What it must be like to be able to buy any car you want or anything you want. I giggle as I run my hand over the leather interior.. It's smooth and it smells new.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he fastens his seat belt.

"My place."

No comments:

Post a Comment