Saturday 20 June 2015

Chapter Twenty-two: A flash from the past

I was falling, tumbling through the air.

"Ana."

Jacob called to me and just the sound of his voice caused me to look around until I found him.

"Help me!"

He was falling too. I stretched out my arm trying to catch him, but all I caught was air. There was no ground beneath my feet. I begin to panic. Big fluffy clouds are behind us keeping us apart. We finally touched fingertips, but the contact was gone as fast as it had happened. I could see him clearly, his blue eyes full of pain, his blonde hair moving with the wind. I wanted to tell him everything would be all right, but my mouth wouldn't open. Why can't I speak? I was screaming in the inside begging for someone to help us, but there was no one else.

I placed my hand out one more time, reaching for him...our hands met for an instant. "You Promised you would never leave me," My heart broke at the words and he slipped through my fingers and all I could feel was loss.

At that moment my voice returned, I screamed after him, begging him to come back. He was gone, and at the moment I looked down, I was inches away from hitting the ground. Just then the man whom I hated the most came to view... Dark brown eyes and short black razor cut hair, he was wearing red proving that he is the devil.

"You will never see him again... You made me do this. "Pointing at me, Blake looked happy with himself.

"No..." I screamed with all the strength I had.

"Yes, Ana, this is all your fault and it's just the beginning. You will pay for what you've done to me."
I sat up quickly, trying to catch my breath in an attempt to suppress my screams and weeping. My eyes focus on a patch of dim light in the darkness. I can hear the distant thumping of the rain against the window. When did it start to rain? My head was throbbing. Touching my head, I fall back down on the bed...it had all been a dream. A terrible dream. Checking my bedside clock it reads 2 am. It had been a long few days. After fainting at the police station, Christian demanded I stayed in bed as my body was overwhelmed. How can I possibly feel good knowing Jacob was staying with people that he doesn't know? Knowing my chances of getting him back were slim to none. Wiping away my tears, I reach for my robe and head out of Christian's guest room. I need a drink; a really strong one. However, I know better that if I ever wanted to get Jacob back I can't go down that road again. Instead, I poured a glass of milk and made my way to my room. That was, until a pair of bare feet came into view causing me to look up. Taking a look at the man in front of me, I smiled for the first time in the last 48 hours.

"Christian." His eyes meet mine and he put his cell phone down on the breakfast bar. He was wearing silk pajama bottoms and his chest was bare causing me to stare. "Why are you up so late?" I asked.

"I've been busy attempting to figure out where they have Jacob."


"Did you find out?"

"No, but there is something else you need to know, how about you sit down," He tells me as he pulls a bar stool out for me.

His eyes told me this wasn't good news. "Christian what's wrong?" I ask in an attempt to remain calm.

"Jacobs's mom came forward, she's fighting for custody Ana."

"No, she's a drug addict, they will never grant her custody again." Or would they, I swallowed hard at the thought of it.

"Apparently she's been sober for two years now." Running a hand through his hair, he takes a seat next to me.

I reach for his hand. "We can't allow her take him Christian, she's not good for him. He's better off with us."

"I know Ana, Eva is looking into a few ways we can get him back, but you also have to be prepared that we won't get him back."

"There has to be a way, Christian I... I promised Jacob I would never leave him." Slowly wiping a tear off my cheek.

Christian pulled me close to him comforting me the best way he could.

                                 ~.~.~.

I had barely made it into my bed before the sun rose, and I was tired...bone tired, as Gail would say. I need to get out of this apartment before I go crazy. It was time I get back to work. After showering, I walk into the closet and pick out a red knee length, long sleeve dress. I pair it with beige heels. Pulling my hair into a high ponytail, I head out to the kitchen hoping Christian is still here. I am happy when I find him sitting casually on a bar stool reading the newspaper.

"Ana." The way he looked at me was as if he couldn't wait to ravage me.

"Hey, can I hitch a ride to work with you?" I asked; biting my lip, knowing he wouldn't say no.

"Of course you can, but are you sure you're ready to get back to work? " He inquired.

"I am sick of sitting here doing nothing, I need to get out Christian."

"Okay, if you think you're ready. Would you like some coffee?"

"No I'm good." I told him and sat down on the bar stool next to him.

"Fine, give me five minutes and I'll be ready to leave." Smiling, he leaves me to my thoughts.

The car ride to Grey Entertainment gives me the opportunity to really think about the dream I had. What did it mean? Was I overreacting or was this a warning?

"Christian there is something you need to know," I told him as the car came to a stop at the curb in front of Grey Entertainment.

"Can it wait until we get into my office?" He asked opening the car door.

"Yes it can." Reaching for my hand Christian helped me out of the car and we walked inside in silence.

                          ~.~.~.

"Good morning, Mr. Grey and Miss Steele. Mr. Williams is waiting in your office."

"Thank you, Kate," Checking his watch Christian looks at me. "Come with me Ana, I want you to meet a friend of mine."

I nod in agreement and follow him into his office. As the door opens my eyes take in the man standing by the window, his back was facing us. I smiled at the thought of knowing someone else in Christian's life. Until I gazed at this man; dark brown eyes, short black razor hair. Oh no... It couldn't be.

Chewing gum he smiled looking at me. "Christian," hugging him he stepped close to me "And who might you be?"


Fuck you... Like you don't know! I screamed in my head.
"Blake, this is Anastasia Steele." Christian said smiling at his friend.

His hands reach out to touch me and I freeze unable to take a step back. He embraces me in a hug and I fight the urge to throw up! Until he whispered into my ear, "It's good to see you Ana."

That broke the spell. I reach for the door knob and run quickly to the elevator, pressing the button repeatedly hoping it would show up sooner rather than later and will get me the hell out of here. When the doors open, I rush in and fall to the floor and begin sobbing uncontrollably.

No comments:

Post a Comment