Saturday 20 June 2015

Chapter Twenty: Everything has change

Wednesday morning I wake to an empty bed. Touching the pillow beside me, I pull it close; the delightful scent of Christian's cologne invades my nose and makes me smile. Where was Christian? After the night we had I presumed he'd be exhausted. I definitely was. Rubbing my eyes, I sit up, looking around the room attempting to figure out where he was. Until my eyes focus on a yellow piece of paper on the bedside table. Quickly retrieving it I unfold it.
Dear Ana,
I didn't want to wake you up, you looked so comfortable.
I will see you this evening, have an incredible day with Saige and make sure to purchase whatever you desire.

My eyes take in the black card and I look at it as if it's cursed. A credit card? He expects me to use it? I didn't know whether I ought to be irritated or appreciative! I chose the first one. Tossing it back on the table, I get up and head to the bathroom, needing to take a cold shower to cool me down. Before I march to where ever Christian is and take out my annoyance on him. Did he really think I wouldn't find this offensive? Who am I "Pretty Woman" No, he'll be hearing about this tonight.

After a long shower, I decide to call Jacob to see how he is. We'd chatted on Monday night; however, I needed to know how his second day of school went. It's a little after eight, which implies he is up and about to head to school. The phone rings twice before it went to voicemail.

I leave a message, asking Gail to get back to me when she gets back. A part of me was concerned, on the other hand, I know he is in extraordinary hands. We weren't on the streets anymore and I need to remember that. Taking a deep breath, I flop down on the bed and exhale. I need to get ready, but I'm regretting agreeing to meet Saige for lunch. It's not like we have a lot in common. What will we even talk about? A woman like her... could never have anything in common with someone like me. How will I survive the next few hours? I mentally prepare myself as I unbuckled my robe and headed to the closet. I need to get dressed before the driver, who Saige was sending to pick me up arrives.

                                             ~.~.~


Gazing out the window, I take in the lovely view of downtown Nassau. I am happy Saige had arranged for us to meet here. I want to be able to experience some of the culture before we went back to the States. This spot is amazing; occupied avenues with locals smiling and having fun and tents with individuals offering specialties. I am excited to get out of the car and meander for a bit. The car arrives at a stop before a restaurant called 'East Villa Restaurant'; it's not fancy or busy. I was surprised Saige had arranged for us to meet here. The strong aroma of deep fried fish made my stomach grumble. I am hungry and ready to try this place. The driver gets out to open my door, slowly getting out I take it all in. It was simple and charming. Yellow and blue picnic tables decorate the patio with small palm trees. It resembled a house which had recently been transformed into a restaurant. Thanking the driver, I head inside.

I was welcomed by a very casually dressed Saige; her long hair pulled into a ponytail and wearing an aqua blue dress with beige wedges. She looked younger than she had appeared yesterday. When she finally notices me, she waves at me and I make my way to the table. Saige stands and leans in for a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I hope you don't mind that I chose this place," She says grabbing the menu.

"Not at all, this place looks great."

"It sure is... And they have the most amazing Ceviche."

"I've never had ceviche is it good?" I ask.

"Yes, you will love it."

The waiter arrives to take our order and I decide to go ahead and try the Ceviche. "I'll have the Ceviche and a virgin margarita, please."

"I'll have the usual thank you." She tells the waiter and we are left alone while he retrieves our order.

After two virgin margaritas and lots of laughter, Saige pulls out her cell phone from her purse and a big smile takes over her face. I wonder what has her so happy. Taking a sip of her drink she giggles in her seat.

"I guess you'll be having a great night tonight." She tells me making me arch an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Clifton just texted me a picture of a yacht... meaning he sold the company to Christian."

Smiling from ear to ear, I cannot help but get as excited as she is.

"You know what that means?" She asks. "We need to find a fabulous outfit to celebrate tonight." She winks and throws her head back and laughs.


Christian's POV
It's just after five o'clock and I can't wait to see Ana. The day had gone incredible and I'm anxious to celebrate with her. Clifton settled for a good price and it will just a matter of weeks before I can call it my own. Pulling the car to the gate entrance, I punch in the code in and wait for it to open.

When I stroll into the house, the music coming from the kitchen is just loud enough to be heard. Taking my suit jacket off I make my way to the kitchen and my eyes almost pop out as I see Ana standing by the stove. Her lush body is encased in a pale blue dress that wrapped around her curves and tied at the waist and nude colored heels. I close my mouth and swallow hard, adjusting my pants as I get closer. Without sensing me, she continues to stir the pot until my arms wrap around her waist and I move her hair to the side, kissing her neck tenderly.

"Hi, handsome." She closes her eyes and tilts her head.

"Hi beautiful." I turn her around and kiss her with fierce abandon.

She pulls back and takes a step away from me and reaches for the countertop so she can catch her breath.

"Someone's in a good mood."

"Yes, I'm in the mood to celebrate."

"Celebrate?" She asks as if she doesn't already know the good news. Knowing Saige, she probably knew the minute Clifton agreed.

"Yes, what better way than to have you spread naked in my bed?"

"Well, I did just make an amazing dinner," She says and bites her lip.

"Save it... We'll be hungry later." I close the space between us and step closer to her.

"Are you sure? I made a killer chocolate cake."

"I'd rather have you for dessert." Pulling her hair tenderly, I tilt her head and kiss her lips.

Grabbing her by the waist, I lift her up on the countertop. I open her legs wide and run my hand down her thigh.

"Christian..."

"Shh... baby relax," I say, nibbling her ear.

"Christian, the stove, you have to turn it off or dinner is going to burn," She laughs and pushes me back and gets down from the counter.

She covers the pot and turns off the burner. "There is something we need to discuss."

"Can it wait?"

Staying away, she shakes her head. "It's about you leaving your credit card this morning."

"How is this an issue?"

"I don't want your money Christian. I hate it when you do stuff like that." Her arms are crossed and she stands way too far away from me. "I found it offensive."

Hold up... offensive? I didn't mean to offend her. I just wanted her to be able to buy whatever she liked. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just wanted you to be able to buy whatever you desire."

"I know you didn't mean to, but this just shows how much we don't know about each other."

"What can I do for you to forgive me?"

"Promise me you won't do it again," She says and finally closes the space between us

"Fine, I promise." I pull her close to me and kiss her soft, sweet lips. I need her to surrender to me completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment