Tuesday 16 June 2015

Chapter Eleven:Where You Belong

Looking out the window, I try hard gathering my thoughts. Could I really let Christian in and allow him to see the real me? The girl who is truly scared and wants nothing else than to know what truly happened that awful night? Could I trust he will react normal to what I know can break this special bond between us. I know he's different, but a part of me is scared this is all just a phase you know, helping the homeless girl phase.

"I would love to know what you're thinking right now," Christian asks while never taking his eyes off the road.

I sucked in a deep breath, trying to squelch my panic, but I just couldn't. "You really don't want to know, please trust me when I say that."

Pulling up to the building, Christian heads to the underground parking garage. When he turns the car off I raise my head and my fear-filled gaze meets his angry eyes with surprise. He was angry. At me? Or at the need to keep this to myself? I wasn't sure. Without saying a word to me, he gets out and comes around to open my door. When I get out of the car, he takes my hand, pulling me closer to him, whispering in my ear.

"I won't make you tell me, but one day when you're ready you will," He said in a husky voice as he kisses my temple.

I consider his words. Will I ever be able to tell anyone? Will I ever want to? Just thinking about it gives me hives. I scratch my arm and notice the red bumps forming. Great this is just what I need... give myself a rash.

Christian takes a deep breath and tightens his arms around my waist and places his hand along my back to sooth me. It feels so good and so right to be in his arms. My heart beats faster at his alluring scent. He smells like mint. Like heaven. Well, what I assume heaven smells like. A warm sigh leaves his mouth, making a string of my hair flutter. Christian makes me feel like nothing else matters. No problem was too big or too scary when I was in his arms. Slowly pulling away from his embrace I come back to the real world. Where nothing was okay.

"Maybe one day," I say but not sure if I mean it.

Christian nods accepting that answer for now. "Come on let's go upstairs."

                                                             ~.~.~

Taking a seat on the very comfortable, very expensive couch, I look around the room as if it was my first time seeing it. Would I ever get used to this? Should I get used to seeing all of this, that's the million dollar question. I shake my head, knowing the answer.

A few minutes later Christian walks into the room holding two glasses of lemonade. "Thank you," I say taking mine. "Can I ask you something?" I ask trying not to sound like an idiot.

"You can ask me anything Ana."

"What do you really do? I know you have this big company, but what is it all about?" I ask.

Slowly placing his cup down on the coffee table, Christian smiles at me before answering. "I develop games."

"Games?" I ask shocked and a bit curious.

"Well, not so much anymore, but that's how my company got started." Taking his cell phone out of his pocket, he scrolls through it before placing it on the table. "When I was 19. I met a man name Carrick, he was a regular helper at the shelter I often stayed at." Christian stopped talking at the noise coming from the table, his cell phone buzzing. Without caring to check who's calling, he continues " He'd always look for me whenever he was there and we'd talk about everything you can possibly think. One night I arrived late and I was left without a place for the night, he saw me standing outside.. He took me to his house that night."

"Wow, so he helped you with your company?"

"Somewhat let me finish," He says. I nod and stay quiet.

"One night after visiting their home for the third time Carrick asked about my dreams. At first I didn't know what to say, What kind of dreams could I have knowing I was always going to be homeless? That night Carrick's wife, Grace, offered me to move in with them. Which I declined." He rolls his eyes at me at how much in common we have. " I didn't see him for a few weeks after that."

"Oh my god, so what happened," I ask at the edge of my seat.

"To make a long story short, I got into a street fight and that's when I knew I wanted more than the life I had. The next time I saw him, I accepted his offer. During my free time when I attended school, I would spend hours on my computer. I knew I wanted to do something with developing software and that's when my first game idea came to me."

The ringing continues annoying me, why won't he answer his phone? "You should get that maybe it's important."

"No, it can wait till later. So what was I saying?.. Oh yeah, the name is Red Passenger."

"Wait, no way you made that?" I shout, but immediately place my hand on my mouth, " Sorry, Jacob has told me things about it, we've seen it at the mall." I add.

The sound of his beautiful soft laugh, makes my heart skip a beat and all I want to do is reach over and kiss his soft lips.

"So you do know about it," He says.

I nod and giggle.

"I love it when you giggle." Christian touches my chin and runs his thumb on my sensitive skin.

Our eyes meet for a second before I move my face away from his touch, "I should get going its getting late. My boss will kill me if I am late for work tomorrow."

"If I might say, I think he'll let it slip this one time."

No comments:

Post a Comment