Friday 19 June 2015

Chapter Sixteen: All of me

The excellent tune playing in the background relaxed me to the point the horrendous night has been forgotten for a while. I smile; happy for the first time since I saw Blake. I feel secure here with Christian, yet a part of me needs to know whether Blake saw me this evening. I need to know why he was there and what he's up to. I've been running away for too long and I am genuinely tired. I know I need to let Christian manage it as he said he would, however I know this isn't his fight. I am terrified of what Blake will do. Taking another look at Christian, my heart skips a beat at how attractive he is. We are sitting here in the middle of his living room, the low light from the glow of the fireplace makes the room feel more romantic. Neither of us saying a word, just enjoying each other's company.

"You must be tired," Christian says as he touches my hand so tenderly.

I shake my head, attempting to hold back a yawn. "Perhaps just a tad." I finally admit.

Touching my face with his thumb Christian rubs delicate circles, making me want to lean in and kiss him. "Come on, let's get you to bed." Taking his hand, I gradually start to move towards the stairs.


No... I yell inside my head, I don't want the night to end like this.
"What's wrong?" He inquires, looking into my eyes.

"Nothing," I answer trying to sound less crushed.

"Anastasia don't make me ask once more, please tell me, "He says with a frown.

"I thought. We would...You know," I mumble.

A confused look takes over his expression, "We would what?"

"You know, make love." As I pronounce the words, I can feel my cheeks heat up.

"Is that what you want?" His grey eyes full of desire.

"Yes," I answer truthfully "But there is something you have to know first." taking a deep breath I say.

"What is it Ana?" He asks confused.

"I've never been with a man," I whisper, feeling my cheeks become flushed. I wish I could take it back; I don't want to scare him off.

He stayed silent, his eyes never leaving mine this is the reason I was so frightened to let him know. I was terrified this would change the way he feels about me.

"If you want I can leave right now," I say. I try to back away from him and turn toward the elevator attempting to hold the tears in.

He moves behind me, pulling me closer to him. "Hold up Ana hear me out."

"Christian-"

"Please listen, this doesn't change how I feel about you and you shouldn't be ashamed." A smile forms on his face. "It just means we have to take it slow. I want this to be special for you." He kisses my lips and moves a strand of hair away from my face, "Nothing has to happen tonight," He adds.

I nod my head feeling relieved, knowing my feelings for Christian are stronger than ever.

"Come on, bed now. We have tons to do tomorrow." Taking my hand in his, I follow him up the stairs to the room where I stayed the last time.

"What's happening tomorrow?" I ask confused.

"We will talk about it tomorrow when you feel better. It's been a very long night," He tells me and opens the door. "I left one of my shirts and a pair of shorts on the bed so you can wear them, I will see you in the morning."

Kissing my cheek, he walks to the doorway. I slowly turn around and call after him "Christian have a good night and thanks for everything."

Looking at me one last time, he walks out the room. I am left smiling like a fool.

~.~.~

I wake the next morning feeling a bit better. I check my cell phone for the time and see it is just a little after nine. Standing up, I head to the bathroom. After taking care of business, I examine myself in the mirror and attempt to untangle my messy hair. It had looked truly beautiful the previous night, yet right now it resemble a bird's nest. The strong smell of coffee beckons me to go downstairs.

"Good morning Ana."

"Good morning Christian," I say greeting him as I sit down on a bar stool.

"Coffee?" He asks and I happily say yes.

"So as I said last night there is something we have to discuss." He looks serious. "I have a meeting in the Bahamas the day after tomorrow, I would like you to come with me," He says.

I'm quiet momentarily while I continue to sip of my coffee. I need to seriously consider this. Yes, I want to be with him, however, I can't leave Jacob. Not when he's about to start school and I will not miss that.

"I can't," I tell him. "I can't leave Jacob."

"Gail will take good care of him, we'll just be gone for a few days. Plus, I need you there for the meeting as my assistant." He tells me.

"I don't have a passport," I say.

"I have already taken care of that," He says as if it's no big deal for him.

"Wait how..."

"We can leave Monday after Jacob has left for school and we will be back on Thursday night," He says but obviously ignoring my sudden confused state.

"Well... Okay, if you need me there for a meeting then I will be there." I know there is no way of getting out of this because it is my job. "As long as I can be here for Jacobs first day."

"Good, I will call Cece to arrange for a few things to be delivered."

"Wait no you don't have to do that, I don't want you to spend more money on me."

"Ana-" Christian starts to say, but I stop him.

"No Christian, it's not right."

"Ana I have plenty of money, I can afford to buy you stuff. When are going to quit fighting me on this?"

"I can't take any more stuff from you," I tell him looking down at my hands.

"Then consider it deducted from your paycheck. If you're going to be my assistant, you need to have professional outfits for when you need to attend meetings with me. "

I nod my head feeling like I'd accomplish something big, but deep inside I know he won't actually take it from my paycheck. Even so, I made a mental note to pay him back as much as I could when I get paid.

~.~.~

Monday morning I found myself fighting the butterflies that flutter in my stomach, I check myself in the mirror one more time and run a hand over my already neat hair. I look so different. Two weeks ago, I would have never thought this could be me. My life had shifted drastically and I'm not sure if it's all just a dream. Wearing a simple white
sundress with delicate yellow and red flowers, I pull my hair into a ponytail. I look at myself one last time and I head out of the bathroom and check my suitcase again. We are only going away for three days, but a part of me thinks I haven't packed enough. Cece delivered so many clothes I know if I want to I can wear something new each day
for a few months. I know I should be more concerned at the amount I will have to repay Christian, but I can't help but feel excited at all the new things I own.

A soft knock on the door gets my attention, "Come in." I say.

"Ana," Jacob strolls into the room and takes a seat on the bed.

"Hi, buddy are you all ready for school?"

"Yes, I am." He tells me, but I know better and I can sense how uneasy he is.

"It's going to be okay, don't worry so much."

"When will you be back?" He asks.

"Thursday night, but I will call you tonight to see how your first day went," I take a seat next to him and place my arm along his shoulders trying to reassure him everything will be okay.

"Okay." A cute smile takes over his face making me feel less horrible for going away.

After having breakfast with Jacob, Taylor arrives and lets us know he will be taking Jacob to school with me as Christian got held up in a meeting. I try not to over think it and pick up my purse. All I care about is to make sure Jacob is okay. Picking up my suitcase Taylor
opens the door for me. Seeing my expression, he stops and turns to face me.

"Mr. Grey will be meeting you at the airport."

I nod letting him know I understand and I'm ready to face the day.

We pull into LaGuardia Airport and I look outside my window. The realization of how nervous I am is overwhelming. I've never been on a plane before and I am definitely scared. Taylor parks the car and comes around to open my door; quickly retrieving my suitcase from the trunk we make our way inside the airport.

"This way Miss Steele." Taylor leads the way to the entrance and I am surprised when I walk into a room with a plasma TV and seemingly
comfortable looking couches. There are tons of snacks on the counter
next to the kitchen.

"Mr. Grey will be here shortly, he's just running a bit late. Do get
comfortable." He tells me standing by the doorway.

"Thanks, Taylor."

I grab a bottle of water and take a seat on the couch. I wonder what's keeping Christian. I hope it's nothing serious. A few minutes later the door opens and I am welcomed by sexy Christian wearing a pair of light blue jeans and a black t-shirt making him look so casual, but very attractive. My heart skips a beat when I notice him staring at me the same way I am at him. Do I affect him the same way he does to me? Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.

"Ana." He says as he walks straight for me.

"Christian is everything okay?"

"Yes, just had to deal with a problem, but it's all good now." He tells me. "Well, we should get going." He reaches for my hand as I stand to follow him.

Leaving the fancy waiting area, we walk towards a narrow hallway until we come to a door with an exit sign. There is no one but me, Christian and Taylor. Hmmm, I wonder why? As if Christian can read my mind he answers my unspoken questions.

"I have a private plane that I keep here, that's why we're going this way." The gentle squeeze of his hand reassures me everything will be okay.

As he opens the door, a vast runway comes into view making me take a deep breath.

"Is that one yours?" I ask looking at the lane. Christian nods his head and we walk towards it.

Taylor walks ahead of us and quickly climbs into the plane. A few minutes later he comes out and nods his head at Christian. Stepping to the side, Christian lets me walk up the stairs first and as I take my last step I am welcomed by a young man. I presume he is the pilot by looking at his clothes.

"Mr. Grey Pleasure to see you again." He holds his hand out for Christian to shake.

"London, this is Anastasia Steele." I smile at him.

"Nice to meet you Miss Steele, we will be taking off shortly."

I take a step forward and look around the plane. Beautiful leather seats colored beige that look classy and expensive. Walking further, I am stopped by Christian before I can continue looking around.

"We should take our seats, I will show you around as soon as were in the air."

I nod in agreement and take a seat next to him. Closing my eyes, I attempt to imagine being somewhere other than here. I am scared and as soon as I feel the plane begin to move I reach for Christian's hand. Not caring at how hard I am squeezing his hand. My heart skips a beat when I feel the plane ascending into the sky.

"Ana, relax were in the air."

Opening my eyes slowly, I look at him and smile softly. "Sorry," I whisper. I look down and notice just how red his hand is.

"It's okay," He tells me and unbuckles his seat belt.

The flight attendant interrupts our conversation, "Would you like something to drink?" She asks.

"Sparkling water for me," Christian says.

"Orange Juice please," I say.

"Come on let me show you around." Reaching his hand out for me to take.

He opens the door and we walk into a spacious room where there is a desk. I am assuming this is his office. Who needs an office when they're flying, I ask myself. Shaking my head, I walk in and Christian opens another door which is connected to this room. The beige theme continues throughout the room. I gulp when I see a bed. Wow, he even has a bedroom. The king size bed looks comfortable and I love how
different this room is with black tables on each side of the bed and a beautiful painting above the bed.

"Who is that?" I ask staring at the painting. A young woman with light brown hair, pretty blue eyes, smiling. Wearing a beautiful white dress and in the background a beautiful sunset.

"Her name is Ally, but I don't want to talk about her right now."

Looking at him, I can see the pain in his eyes, so I don't push the subject more.

"Are you hungry?" He asks, breaking the silence.

"Yes," I say and make a mental note to ask about her again.

                                   ~.~.~


My stomach falls as I look out the plane window and see a narrow landing strip at the Lynden Pindling International Airport. I panic and think this might be worse than taking off? I take in a deep breath in and exhale loudly catching Christian's attention. Christian put his hand over mine.

"Breath Anastasia."

I take another deep breath as the plane quickly descends. The flight passed so quickly. Christian and I step out of the plane into a different world than I'd ever been in before. Exquisite beauty surrounds me at every turn. Palm trees border the airport and the
intense scent of flowers greets me; welcoming me to a place that I would have never cared about before.

A man dressed in khakis and a light, striped shirt walks over to the plane and holds out his sun-tanned hand.

"Mr. Grey?" He asked. "Welcome."

Christian steps forward and extends his hand in return.

"The car will take you to your destination; it's waiting right over there." He points at the SUV parked in front of us. The man appeared friendly. He picks up our luggage and carries it to the waiting car. Christian and I follow. We reach the SUV, climb in and take our seats. I breathe deeply, finally feeling relaxed and for a moment I forget about everything.

"Incredible place," I whisper to Christian.

He moves closer to me and I feel the strength and warmth of his body beside me reminding me how much my life has changed and just how much I care for him.

"We'll be arriving in about five minutes," says our driver.

"Here we are," Christian says excitedly.

Looking up, my eyes catch a glimpse of a house that from this far looks big. This was no house, it was a mansion. It is brown and it has huge windows. As we get closer, I can see a fountain in the front making me even more eager to see the inside.

"Are we staying here?" I ask Christian.

"If it's alright with you."

I giggle excited, "This place is amazing."

"I'm happy you like it, my house is your house."

"Wait you own this?" I ask shocked.

"Yes I do Ana."

The iron fence opens and we step inside his beautiful house. I can't wait to explore.

I follow Christian up the narrow staircase to the second floor. The wooden floors were polished, the walls painted white, and the door to each room trimmed in beautiful, ivory molding. I feel as though I am walking along a hallway in an exclusive hotel.

"Your room is at the far end," Christian said as we walked in that direction.

"Where will you be staying?" I ask hoping it was close to me.

"My room is the one on the left," He says and points to the door. I nod and wait for him to open the door to my room.

"Well, I'll let you get settled. I will see you downstairs in half an hour; wear something white."

I say nothing as I try to figure out why he just told me to put on something white? I am tired even though it was just a little past eight. I look around I see my luggage next to the closet. Checking out the room, the first I notice is the bed. A king size bed with a beautiful red conforter set, a table in the center of the room with a bouquet of lilies my favorite and an unbelivable multi-colored rug underned the table.

A yawn escapes my mouth and I decide a 10 minute nap would be good right about now. I pull back the covers, take off my dress and climb in. As sleep takes over, I smile at what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment